Autology: Robot wars - Why Android is beating the competition
With connectivity playing a pivotal role in new car experiences, IHS Markit looks at the major player set to dominate the infotainment market—Android.
Google has a full suite of offerings under its automotive ecosystem with Android Automotive OS supporting Google Automotive Services (GAS), Generic Android core system that OEMs can build upon, the widely popular projection platform Android Auto, as well as Google Cloud. It has already secured business from the likes of Ford, Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi, Stellantis, General Motors and Volvo.
We ask why Android is beating the competition, and if this will have ramifications on the smartphone industry, for example, will consumers move more toward an Android phone to align with their car software?
And then there’s the question of where this is leading—with Apple touted to launch its own vehicle through its Project Titan, can we expect an Android car as well? Find out all in this week’s episode of Autology.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our email@example.com email, and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Speakers: Elisha Thakorlal, OEM Strategy expert at IHS Markit
Recommended for you
- Autology: Qualcomm has 'Arrivered' - The potential of the Veoneer takeover
- Autology: Chain reaction – Is e-mobility threatening auto suppliers?
- Autology: What is an e-axle and why is it so crucial for EVs?
- Autology: IAA Mobility 2021 round-up
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E9] - A Rocky Recovery in the Second Year of the Pandemic
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E8] - Car Buying Convenience Factor
- Autology: The battery market - On a cellular level
- Autology: In case you missed it – The best bits so far | IHS Markit