Fuel for Thought - Episode 3: Are We Ready for the Powertrain of the Future?
07 April 2019 23:44 mins Casey SelecmanBy now, everyone has heard the noble truth about the future of powertrain development around the globe: “This is the last generation of ICEs ever to be built!” While the shift to electric vehicles may be inevitable, the journey to make them a reality is going to be very complex and time consuming. Is there enough capacity to build the battery packs required? Will oil producing countries give up producing a critical natural resource to protect the health of the planet? Will the technology advance quickly enough to enable faster charging and greater range necessary to get customers to choose electrons over oil?
Recommended for you
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E23]: Pick up truck technology with Stephanie Brinley
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E21] Antimicrobial interiors with Jeremy Carlson
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E20] A million mile battery with Devin Lindsay
- An Automotive Minute Podcast S2:E19: Automotive manufacturing restart with Stephanie Brinley
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E18]: North America Auto Industry Restart
- Fuel for Thought [S2|E5]: Industry in Recovery - Post COVID considerations
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E17]: Survey Results of Pandemic on Revenues, R&D, and Technology
- Fuel for Thought [S2|E4]: COVID-19 - Automotive Retail Crisis or Opportunity?