Autology: Lighting Ahead – Staging the future vehicle design
In this week’s episode of Autology, IHS Markit experts discuss with Todd Morgan, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer at Lumax Industries, how vehicle lighting is influencing the automotive design in the coming years.
With new lighting and design concepts, the overall vehicle style is changing inside the cabin and outside. New lighting technologies are entering the stage to deliver better experiences with the car.
Besides new freedoms in design, lighting can be used for communication. How do you imagine vehicles in the future will interact with occupants and other road users?
New lighting technologies are entering faster than ever in volume vehicles and emerging markets. Can we expect further accelerations?
We see that OEMs are accelerating their efforts of bringing EVs to market. How does this trend impact the lighting industry and emerging markets such as South Asia, where we see an increasing production volume while Europe and North America are stagnating?
Tune in to find out the answers and much more!
Todd Morgan, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer at Lumax Industries
Sascha Klapper, Lighting Senior Analyst at IHS Markit
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our email@example.com email, and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Recommended for you
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E6]: Dynamics of EV charging and its impacts on mobility
- Autology: What do American millennials want in a car?
- Autology: Tesla Cyber Rodeo, 4680 battery cells
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E5]: CERAWeek 2022 - Pace of Change: Energy & mobility, climate and innovation
- NYIAS review
- Autology: Part 2: Pledges vs Practicality - Are governments keeping their EV promises?
- Autology: Part 1: Pledges vs Practicality - Are governments keeping their EV promises?
- Autology: A fuel’s errand - Will hydrogen vehicles ever be mass market?