Autology: "Hey Siri, ask Alexa to turn on my fog lights"
As smart voice systems transform our interactions in the car just as rapidly as they are in the home, we dive into the world of virtual personal assistants (VPAs) in this week’s episode of Autology.
Our experts discuss how simple voice commands such as: “Navigate me to the shopping center” are evolving to: “Navigate me to the shopping center, reserve a parking space and order a venti caramel Frappuccino to pick up on the way!”.
The topic of voice integration naturally leads us to also look at some big topics around branding, data privacy and the cooperation necessary between technology and automotive companies to deliver consumers the seamless experience they desire.
From developing AI to voice cloning, tune in to find out more about the connected car experience of the future including the answer to the ultimate VPA question: “Is pressing a button easier than using voice commands?”
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our firstname.lastname@example.org email – and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Speaker: Sanjay Dhawan, CEO of Cerence
Recommended for you
- Autology: Qualcomm has 'Arrivered' - The potential of the Veoneer takeover
- Autology: Chain reaction – Is e-mobility threatening auto suppliers?
- Autology: What is an e-axle and why is it so crucial for EVs?
- Autology: IAA Mobility 2021 round-up
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E9] - A Rocky Recovery in the Second Year of the Pandemic
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E8] - Car Buying Convenience Factor
- Autology: The battery market - On a cellular level
- Autology: In case you missed it – The best bits so far | IHS Markit