Autology: Formula E - Fast tracking the car tech of tomorrow
In the debut episode of the new Autology podcasts, we discuss how Formula E is driving technology for EVs on the road, including how OEMs-come-race-teams like Nissan and Jaguar Land Rover are applying their learnings in energy regeneration systems to their production vehicles.
The sport has come a long way since the drivers were forced to change vehicles mid-race due to limited battery range, with the upcoming third generation Formula E race car including a fast-charging 350kW battery.
However, the high cost of battery systems is still an issue both on and off the circuit – a point that that is explored in the podcast, alongside when the cost of batteries will be more sustainable.
And then there’s the question if we’ll see the day without Formula 1 and other traditionally fueled racing car series? Tune in to reveal all, including the predicted year which our experts think will mark the end of the internal combustion engine.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our firstname.lastname@example.org email – and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Speakers: Frederic Espinos, Sporting Director at Formula E
Elisha Thakorlal, OEM strategy expert at IHS Markit
Recommended for you
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E9]: Automotive Marketing Signals - How inventory and loyalty impact investment
- Autology Podcast: Megacasting on the rise - Dreaming big?
- Autology Podcast: Will revenue ambition from Connected Car data surpass the cars themselves?
- Autology Podcast: Are premium in-car audio experiences becoming more mainstream?
- Autology Podcast: Automation drives compute - A chip shortage story
- Autology Podcast: Low voltage battery - A traditional technology with a key future role to play
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E8]: What can OEMs do to ensure a robust and economical supply of batteries
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E7]: What do capital markets tell us about the automotive industry?