IHS Markit Minute [S2] [E34] US-based NVIDIA announces intent to acquire UK-based Arm for $40B
US-based NVIDIA announces intent to acquire UK-based Arm for $40B.
You may not know Arm by name, but the company’s intellectual property is shipped in tens of billions of integrated circuits every year. In automotive, four out of every five processors in infotainment and driver assistance are based on Arm architectures—including those from NVIDIA.
Both Arm and NVIDIA have long lists of ecosystem partners and a growing footprint in Autonomous Driving. But the combination of Arm expertise in scalable CPU design, plus NVIDIA expertise in GPUs and software, could create a one-stop-shop for anyone looking for automotive processors. The open nature of Arm architectures gives freedom to automotive engineers to develop and deploy scalable solutions from today’s driver assistance to tomorrow’s autonomous mobility… pending regulatory approvals, of course.
Recommended for you
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E6]: Dynamics of EV charging and its impacts on mobility
- Autology: What do American millennials want in a car?
- Autology: Tesla Cyber Rodeo, 4680 battery cells
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E5]: CERAWeek 2022 - Pace of Change: Energy & mobility, climate and innovation
- NYIAS review
- Autology: Part 2: Pledges vs Practicality - Are governments keeping their EV promises?
- Autology: Part 1: Pledges vs Practicality - Are governments keeping their EV promises?
- Autology: A fuel’s errand - Will hydrogen vehicles ever be mass market?