IHS Markit Minute [S2] [E34] US-based NVIDIA announces intent to acquire UK-based Arm for $40B
US-based NVIDIA announces intent to acquire UK-based Arm for $40B.
You may not know Arm by name, but the company’s intellectual property is shipped in tens of billions of integrated circuits every year. In automotive, four out of every five processors in infotainment and driver assistance are based on Arm architectures—including those from NVIDIA.
Both Arm and NVIDIA have long lists of ecosystem partners and a growing footprint in Autonomous Driving. But the combination of Arm expertise in scalable CPU design, plus NVIDIA expertise in GPUs and software, could create a one-stop-shop for anyone looking for automotive processors. The open nature of Arm architectures gives freedom to automotive engineers to develop and deploy scalable solutions from today’s driver assistance to tomorrow’s autonomous mobility… pending regulatory approvals, of course.
Recommended for you
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E3] - The New Map – Charting the Future
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E2] - Market dynamics in the first year of the pandemic
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E1] - CES 2021 Roundup
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E45] Global-US Sales Outlook with Chris Hopson
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E44] Parts Constraints with Michael Robinet
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E43] EV Adoption with Stephanie Brinley
- Fuel for Thought [S2|E11] - Automotive Scenarios for 2021 — The Virus and the Vaccine
- An Automotive Minute [S2|E42] How COVID-19 is Changing the Auto Industry with Mark Boyadjis