Autology Podcast: Are premium in-car audio experiences becoming more mainstream?
This week’s episode delves into how in-car audio and sound management technologies continue to evolve with the megatrends of electrification, connectivity, and shared mobility. To meet the challenges arising from electrification and lightweighting, automakers are looking for audio systems that allow significant savings in terms of weight and space as well as more flexibility in terms of cockpit design. Automakers now cater to a wider range of car buyers by employing a selective audio sourcing approach and creating subtle variations in the quality of audio systems they offer. Software has become indispensable to the car today and active sound management applications are no different, be it use cases like engine sound enhancement, conversation enhancement, or various signal processing algorithms.
We also discuss how consumer electronic technologies have spilled over to the car cabin, with Active Noise Cancellation and Surround Sound in particular becoming the hallmark of premium audio experience for automobiles.
Tune in to find out the answers, and much more!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our email@example.com email, and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Speakers: Vivek Beriwal, Connected Car and Vehicle Experience Analyst, S&P Global Mobility and
Riley Winton, Senior Manager, UX Concept, HARMAN
Recommended for you
- Autology Podcast: Battery raw materials: How they will reshape global battery supply chain
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E10]: Detroit Auto Show 2022 - An industry in transition
- Autology Podcast: 2022 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) Recap
- The reality bites on owning Automotive OS: True or false?
- Autology Podcast: 12V batteries part II: Low voltage batteries for an electrified future
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E9]: Automotive Marketing Signals - How inventory and loyalty impact investment
- Autology Podcast: Megacasting on the rise - Dreaming big?
- Autology Podcast: Will revenue ambition from Connected Car data surpass the cars themselves?