Autology: 5G on wheels - Revolution or evolution?
In this week’s episode of Autology, we discuss 5G’s impact on the IoT ecosystem and specifically on the automotive industry, including the transition away from 4G LTE, the first applications to deploy it, and the implications that will result.
Infrastructure investments are bearing fruit by way of rapidly available 5G connections to our smart devices. These same developments are already seeing application in healthcare, manufacturing, and even automotive.
Automotive services like virtual personal assistants and over-the-air software updates are already here to stay, but 5G will be the trigger for next generation services such advanced safety features brought on by vehicle-to-everything communication and full vehicle upgradability. When this will happen and at what cost are just some of the key questions discussed by our industry experts.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our firstname.lastname@example.org email – and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Speaker:Andreas Kohn, Chief Operating Officer at Rolling Wireless
Recommended for you
- Autology: In case you missed it – The best bits so far | IHS Markit
- Autology: Money on the move - R&D budgets of the future
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E7] - Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization: Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Autology: How long does it actually take for an EV to charge?
- Autology: The blueprint - How 3D printing will be used in cars
- Autology: Robot wars - Why Android is beating the competition
- Autology: Chips ahoy! Making up the chip shortfall
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E6] - The Chip Dip