Autology: 5G on wheels - Revolution or evolution?
In this week’s episode of Autology, we discuss 5G’s impact on the IoT ecosystem and specifically on the automotive industry, including the transition away from 4G LTE, the first applications to deploy it, and the implications that will result.
Infrastructure investments are bearing fruit by way of rapidly available 5G connections to our smart devices. These same developments are already seeing application in healthcare, manufacturing, and even automotive.
Automotive services like virtual personal assistants and over-the-air software updates are already here to stay, but 5G will be the trigger for next generation services such advanced safety features brought on by vehicle-to-everything communication and full vehicle upgradability. When this will happen and at what cost are just some of the key questions discussed by our industry experts.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our email@example.com email – and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Speaker:Andreas Kohn, Chief Operating Officer at Rolling Wireless
Recommended for you
- Autology: Qualcomm has 'Arrivered' - The potential of the Veoneer takeover
- Autology: Chain reaction – Is e-mobility threatening auto suppliers?
- Autology: What is an e-axle and why is it so crucial for EVs?
- Autology: IAA Mobility 2021 round-up
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E9] - A Rocky Recovery in the Second Year of the Pandemic
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E8] - Car Buying Convenience Factor
- Autology: The battery market - On a cellular level
- Autology: In case you missed it – The best bits so far | IHS Markit