Upon receipt of a valid request made through our Privacy Request Page, we will take the necessary steps to assess and respond. Please be aware that in order to accommodate some requests, we must verify your identity before we can respond to a privacy request and this may require you to provide photographic identity information to IHS Markit. Because your personal information—for example, your email address—is often required to access or use IHS Markit platforms and technologies, we retain personal information as long as your account is active. You may have the opportunity to correct, update, or modify this information by logging into your account and updating your information online. Please note the some information may be retained in our systems, where permitted by law, even after you request deletion.
5. Sharing Personal Information
To support the purposes listed in Section 3 (Purpose and Use of Personal Information), IHS Markit may share or disclose personal information to:
- IHS Markit's parent, subsidiary, affiliates, and other related companies for the purposes listed in Section 3 (Purpose and Use of Personal Information).
- The organization that arranges your access to our products or services (if that is not you) to fulfill its contractual obligations and to provide our products and services.
- Service providers and business partners for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our products or services, sending marketing and communications related to our business, payment processing, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
There may also be instances when IHS Markit may disclose your personal information without providing you with a choice in order to:
- Honor a request that you have made through the products or services.
- Comply with the law or in response to a court order, government request, or other legal process.
- Protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of IHS Markit or others.
- Protect against fraud or for risk management purposes.
- Respond to adverse third parties (i.e., adverse parties and their counsel and other agents) in the context of litigation.
In addition, if IHS Markit sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, you acknowledge that IHS Markit may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
In all cases IHS Markit requires all unaffiliated third parties to treat personal information as confidential. IHS Markit will not provide personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
If you participate in a discussion forum, chat room, or provide comments related to IHS Markit on a social media or other public platform, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e., your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither IHS Markit nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that social media forums and chat rooms not controlled by IHS Markit may have additional rules and conditions. IHS Markit is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit on these forums that are not IHS Markit controlled.
The Platform may offer you the ability to share personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), using integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
6. Security of Personal Information
IHS Markit has physical, administrative, and technical safeguards in place to help protect the personal information IHS Markit collects. While there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure the safety of your personal information.
7. Retention of Personal Information
IHS Markit will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
When visiting an IHS Markit Platform, our servers may query your computer to see if there are cookies previously set by IHS Markit. A cookie is a text file that is created when your browser visits a particular website, such as an IHS Markit website. Afterwards, every time you visit the IHS Markit website, your browser retrieves and sends this file to the IHS Markit website's server. Cookies enhance the website user experience by:
- Helping IHS Markit authenticate you as a user when you log in to a secure area of the website;
- Storing information about your website user activities so you may easily pick up where you left off on the IHS Markit server's pages;
- Storing your user preferences, which allows you to customize how information is presented through site layouts or themes; and
- Personalizing the manner in which IHS Markit responds to you via marketing communications.
IHS Markit respects your right to privacy and gives you control over how cookies are set on your browser. Website visitors have access to the IHS Markit Cookie Preference Center, which enables visitors to adjust their preferences. To change your cookie settings at any time, you can click on the ‘Cookie Settings’ link on the bottom webpage banner. You may also use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the ‘Help’ section of your browser. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from using some features on IHS Markit websites. You can find more detailed information about cookies and how they work at AboutCookies.org.
9. Cross Border Transfer of Personal Information
As a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to IHS Markit affiliates, agents, contractors, service providers, and to third parties in various countries and jurisdictions around the world. By using our websites or products, or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you acknowledge the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.