Executive Director Oil Midstream and DownstreamExpert mergers and acquisitions analysis, refinery project strategy and valuation, market analysis
Giacomo Boati, specializes in project managing consulting activities in the Oil Markets, Midstream & Downstream Consulting team at IHS Markit. In this role, he has performed a wide range of consulting assignments with an emphasis on oil products storage and refining sectors. He has extensive experience on mergers and acquisitions analysis, refinery project strategy and valuation, market analysis.
Prior to joining IHS Markit, Giacomo was a manager consultant at YKems Beijaflore, a strategy management consulting firm that specializes in the commodities and mining sector. In this role Giacomo participated in various projects for large corporations including market fundamentals analysis, analysis of investment growth / vertical integration opportunities, and assets evaluation. Before that Giacomo was at IHS Markit CERA in the European gas and power team, focusing on long term forecasting modelling and market fundamentals research.
Giacomo holds a B.A. in Economics from Bocconi University, Milan, and a M.A. in Energy Policy and International Economics, Johns Hopkins University SAIS, Washington D.C. Giacomo speaks fluently Italian, English and French.
- Oil Markets, Midstream, and Downstream
- Crude Oil & Refined Products Markets
- Downstream Strategy
- Gasoline and Diesel Markets
- Oil Markets Supply, Demand and Pricing
- Oil Terminals, Storage and Pipelines
- Refined Product Marketing
- Refined Product Supply, Demand and Pricing
- Refined Product Terminals, Storage and Pipelines
- Refinery Competition
- Refining Company Strategies and Performance