Ricardo Bedregal, Ph.D.
Executive Director – Upstream Research and AnalysisRicardo Bedregal heads the LATAM and North America Frontier Upstream Content and Insight team
Dr. Bedregal has extensive technical, commercial, and business development experience in projects for the oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) industry. His expertise in structuring sizable projects encompasses experience in petroleum geology, business environment and assessing opportunities in South America, West and Southern Africa, Oman and Australia. Prior to joining IHS Markit, he held several managerial and technical roles at Petrobras, Brazilian Petroleum National Agency, PGT, Vale Oil & Gas and other companies.
An experienced oil and gas geologist, Dr. Bedregal holds two masters degrees in Geology, a Ph.D. in Quantitative Basin Analysis from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and an MBA from the Dom Cabral Foundation.
- Oil & Gas Upstream
- Oil Markets, Midstream, and Downstream
- Plays & Basins
- Unconventional Oil & Gas
- Upstream Companies & Transactions
- Company Valuations
- Bid Rounds
- Basin and Play Analysis
- Deepwater Offshore Market
- Energy Geopolitics
- Exploration & Production (E&P)
- Exploration & Production (E&P) Economics
- Exploration & Production (E&P) Strategy
- Exploration Licensing Rounds
- National Oil Companies (NOCs)
- Unconventional Resources