36th Annual World Methanol Conference
Introduction to Methanol: Featuring MTO and Small-Scale Technical Plants*
*expanded curriculum with two breakout sessions
Friday, 5 October 2018 | Hilton Vienna | 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The full-day workshop now offers an expanded curriculum with two parallel breakout sessions in the afternoon to choose from: a new methanol-to-olefins (MTO) session and the technical module on small-scale methanol plants led by bse engineering in an expanded format.
The morning session will once again offer a broad understanding of all major aspects of the global methanol market, taught by the team of IHS Markit methanol experts from around the region.
IHS Markit instructors:
- Mike Nash, Vice President, Syngas Chemicals, IHS Markit
- Marc Alvarado, Associate Director, Methanol, IHS Markit
- Victoria Baghdjian, Associate Director, IHS Markit
- Steve Lewandowski, Vice President, Olefins, IHS Markit
- Xiaomeng Ma, Associate Director, IHS Markit
For biographies of all our instructors, please visit the Speakers page.
Delegates will receive:
- A hard copy book of the full workshop materials comprising of both sessions in the afternoon
- Upstream/downstream poster
- Networking opportunities during refreshment breaks and lunch
- Access to IHS Markit and bse Engineering methanol experts during the training and networking breaks
- Certificate of course completion on request
- Access to welcome reception in the evening
- 8:30 am Registration/Refreshments
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Methanol Industry Fundamentals
By: IHS Markit
- Methanol and its Characteristics: What is Methanol and What Are Its End-Use Sectors and Products?
- Production: Feedstocks, Technology, and Cost and cost curves
- Pricing: Price Determination, Dynamics, Markers and Forecasting Methodology
- Supply-Demand: Global and Regional Supply-Demand
- Demand by key derivatives: formaldehyde, acetic acid, MMA, methylamines, solvents and DME, biodiesel, gasoline blending, MTBE, MTG
- Industry Structure: Suppliers, Consumers, and Trade flow
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch Break
- 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Methanol-to-Olefins (MTO) Workshop or Small-Scale Methanol Plants Technical Workshop (running parallel)
Session 1: Methanol-to-Olefins (MTO)
Session 2: Small-Scale Methanol Plants Technical Workshop
MTO is the fastest-growing application for methanol. As each incremental of olefins in China could be produced via MTO, olefins prices currently influence methanol prices. Given the close connection, methanol prices may also start to influence olefins prices. This section of the workshop will delve into the fundamentals of the olefins market and the role of methanol in MTO production.
The small-scale methanol plants technical workshop returns this year with a full afternoon of expanded scope and deeper content. Industry experts will drill into the technical implementation of methanol annex plants with prefabricated ready-to-connect units in different industries that produce carbon containing waste streams and/or electricity in volatile market environment.
Session 2 Instructors: