PolyTalk 2016: Zero Plastics to the Oceans
On March 16 and 17, 2016, PlasticsEurope is organizing its PolyTalk conference entitled “Zero Plastics to the Oceans”, focusing on one of the largest emerging environmental challenges: marine litter, which needs to be tackled at global, regional, and national level.
IHS is pleased to partner with PlasticsEurope to promote this event.
This 5th edition of PolyTalk promises to be an inspiring event as many important stakeholders in this field confirmed their contribution to the dialogue.
This multi-stakeholder forum will enable participants to identify challenges, opportunities and solutions to marine litter as well as share best prevention practices (behavior, waste management and product innovations).
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andrew Morlet, CEO, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Daniel Calleja Crespo, Director General, DG Environment, European Commission
- Bart Tommelein, Member of the Federal Government of Belgium and Secretary of State for the North Sea
- Professor Richard Thompson, Plymouth University
- Rob Boogaard, CEO, Interface EMEA
- Marcus Eriksen, Executive Director and co-founder of 5Gyres Institute
- Margaret Auken, MEP (Greens, Denmark)
- Roz Savage, Ocean Rower
- Patrick Thomas, President, PlasticsEurope and CEO, Covestro
Many more representatives from industry, NGOs, academia, and policy sector are joining PolyTalk as speakers. They will address plastics as sustainable materials with a challenge, and debate around two fundamental questions: how may circular economy bring solutions to marine litter, and how can we find ways towards a litter-free society through circular economy and blue growth?
PolyTalk will also feature an exhibition which will showcase the activities/products of a variety of companies/organizations actively fighting marine litter.
Learn more at the PolyTalk website.