The role of next-gen microwave in the 5G era
Presented by IHS Markit and
The evolution of 5G places new demands on the backhaul/fronthaul network and drives technology decisions for operators.
This webinar explores the challenges for the next generation of transport network in terms of architecture, key performance metrics, and technology solutions as operators seek to deliver more granular services and latency- and bandwidth-sensitive applications, and to support new mobile devices.
In particular, we will investigate the capabilities of microwave as part of the changing backhaul network as operators roll out enhanced mobile broadband 5G services, plus consider the powerful possibilities delivered by network automation in shaping the future for 5G transport solutions.
Who Should Attend
Mobile network operators, fixed-line operators, network service providers, technology finance & investment community. Financial analysts and the media are also encouraged to attend.
Key Topics for Discussion
- Key challenges and performance criteria for the 5G transport network
- Microwave evolution roadmap for 5G backhaul
- Selecting the right technology mix for the 5G transport network
- The role of network automation in supporting the 5G transport network
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A