Join veteran petrochemical industry journalist Kathy Hall as she lays out the scorecards for 2020 and 2021 in a webinar called WIN LOSE OR DRAW.
The world petrochemical and plastics markets have never experienced the conditions that emerged in 2020 and still persist. Seeing trade activity all but stop as fear seized world markets and then give rise to supply panic was dizzying. Throw in an international container ship crisis and wild weather events dotting the timeline and heads were spinning. Even in times of chaos and crisis, however, it eventually becomes clear who is winning, who is struggling and who is sailing through unfazed.
Join veteran petrochemical industry journalist Kathy Hall as she lays out the scorecards for 2020 and 2021 in a webinar called WIN LOSE OR DRAW: Markets Retrospective of the Plastics Supply Chain. She'll take you back to the early days of lockdowns and roll you through the punches and waves of triumphs and headwinds - and share her thoughts on how the petrochemical and plastics industries are facing the future.
Webinar highlights include:
- A review of where the polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene and PVC markets were in late 2019 when uncertainty about the scale of the pandemic was still speculative.
- A walk through each quarter of 2020 in terms of price volatility and margins for everyone along the plastics supply chain.
- A tie-back review of what downstream market segments fared surprisingly well by mid-2020 and what new industries emerged and boomed.
- The effect of weather disruptions in Texas and Louisiana on the world's plastic supply chain.
- The creeping effect of problems in global shipping markets for plastics and finished goods that continues today.
- How hedging the supply chain fared versus the extreme volatility that greeted the plastic and petrochemical markets in 1Q 2021.
- Where are we now? Has the madness subsided? Have we learned anything? A look at what lies ahead for the world petrochemical and plastic markets into 2022.
This webcast is sponsored by
Date: September 22nd, 2021
Time: 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 1 hour
This webinar will be a live on-line event comprising of a live Q&A. Once registered, you will receive the instructions required to attend
Register nowrequired fields