Green Power: Future of renewable procurement in India
India has achieved more than 92 GW of renewable installed capacity as of end-2020 and has a significant pipeline of about 50 GW of under development projects. As India adds more renewable capacity to meet its ambitious target of 450 GW by 2030, it will need to prepare for a system with high variability of supply as well as introduce policy and market reforms to address the structural issues in the power sector. Introduction of hybrid renewable tenders with storage or bundling with thermal power is an indication of the trend towards the increasing demand for dispatchable or round-the-clock renewable power. Future renewable additions will mainly be driven by policy targets, competitive auctions, increasing market maturity, falling costs of renewables. Additionally, introduction of alternative procurement mechanisms as green-term ahead market and sustainability goals of large corporations will drive direct corporate procurement for self-consumption.
The webinar will focus on changing landscape of India's renewable market with discussion on key questions including:
- How will the future of renewable procurement evolve during the next decade?
- What type of policy-based support mechanisms will be required to accelerate the renewable deployment? What tools will be required for sustainable renewable integration?
- How will the distribution business change to cater to increasing demand for green power from large corporations?
- What strategies will be required from renewable developers to earn sustainable returns?
- How will green power trading and peer-to-peer trading evolve?
Senior Vice President, Macquarie Capital
Strategy and Policy Advocacy, Avaada Energy (formerly Welspun Energy)
Rajesh K. Mediratta
Director (Strategy) at India Energy Exchange (IEX) and Chief Business Officer at India Gas Exchange (IGX)
VP, Renewable energy portfolio, BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL)
Associate Director APAC, Climate and Sustainability, IHS Markit
Webinar Details :
Duration : 1 hour
The presentations will be delivered in English
Register now to secure a seat for either the live or on-demand session.
This webinar will be a live on-line event comprising of a live Q&A. Once registered, you will receive the instructions required to attend.
The ON24 specifications can be found here:
Please use your company/corporate email address to register.required fields