RootMetrics recently finished a comprehensive benchmarking of 5G and operator performance in South Korea. See what this fresh data reveals and what lessons can be learned in our upcoming, free webinar.
As the mobile industry makes the leap to 5G, critical decisions regarding deployment, optimization, and network upgrade planning must be made. New data from RootMetrics provides highlights the current state of mobile network performance in South Korea and offers valuable insight into how those 5G strategies compare to performance around the world.
Key insights and critical takeaways
South Korea has established itself as an early and global leader in 5G performance. Building on previous testing from 2019, RootMetrics has expanded its testing within South Korea, with testing recently completed across the country's seven most populous cities.
While the performances of the three major South Korean mobile networks KT, LG U+, and SK Telecom were as strong as expected, our data shows new insights into:
- Cross-country 5G performance comparisons between South Korea, Switzerland, the US, and UK
- Major improvements to both 5G availability and speeds from all three operators in Seoul from 2019 to 2020
- City-by-city highlights showing performance across seven South Korean metropolitan markets (Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Daegu, Daejeon, Gwangju, and Ulsan)
- Key indoor and outdoor performance differences for the three major operators
- A comparison of spectrum allocation and spectral efficiency
Looking beyond the advantages of 5G performance in general, we'll also discuss the current and future use-cases that 5G is capable of supporting and where we believe our personal and work lives are progressing in our connected communities.
Key Topics for Discussion
- Introduce RootMetrics and our testing methodologies used to collect mobile performance data.
- Review 5G and mobile performance at large in South Korea during our Summer 2019 testing.
- A look at the mobile performance results for South Korea in our 2H 2020 testing, focusing on 5G changes, improvements, and how the technology is being implemented.
- Understand what the rise of 5G means for our connected communities and what we expect the future to look like.
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A.
Duration: 1 hour
Time: 7am PT | 10am ET | 3pm GMT
Register here for the APAC Session:
The event will be a live on-line event. Once registered, you will receive the instructions needed to attend.
The ON24 specifications can be found here:
Register Nowrequired fields