Financial Seminar: The Global and Asia-Pacific Economic Outlook for 2016 – 17
IHS is presenting the IHS Financial Seminar in Seoul, South Korea on September 15, 2015.
In the past month, the headlines have been sending shockwaves in the market globally. Greece came very close to exiting the Eurozone and China suffered a stock market rout. Eurozone second-quarter GDP growth slowed to 0.3% quarter on quarter due to softer expansion in domestic demand. And on August 11, China adjusted its exchange rate regime and devalued the currency's central parity rate by 2%. The move rocked the financial markets and generated much speculation that China is on a "weak renminbi" path.
Rajiv Biswas, Asia-Pacific Chief Economist for IHS, will present the latest IHS global and Asia Pacific economic forecasts, discussing the key risks and opportunities in the global economy and its impact to Korean companies.
Some of the topics discuss include:
- What is the outlook for US economic growth in 2016-17 and what will be the impact of US Fed tightening?
- What are the prospects for continued EU economic recovery and how real are the risks that the UK will leave the EU?
- What is the outlook for global commodities and prospects for oil and gas prices over the medium term outlook?
- Can China stabilize its economy or is a protracted economic downturn looming? Will the Chinese yuan devaluations trigger currency wars?
- Will the Indian economy become the fastest growing BRICS economy under PM Modi?
- Where are the growth hotspots in Asia and where are the new growth hubs for manufacturing?