IHS Markit Lloyds London Briefing 2015
Asset-specific Intelligence for Insurance
IHS Insurance Industry Briefing
Please join us on 9 December, at Lloyds of London, for a half-day briefing on asset-specific intelligence for insurance underwriting, aggregation control, and exposure management.
From the explosion of improperly stored chemicals in Tianjin, China, to militant attacks on key energy pipelines in Turkey, the range of non-natural risks that underwriters are exposed to is becoming more complex, and often emerge from surprising directions. How can insurance professionals join the dots to uncover the direct and indirect risk factors to their exposures?
Join IHS experts from our Country Risk, Maritime & Trade and Energy Technical teams to learn how incorporating the right insights in intelligent ways can give you a competitive edge.
• How will industry megatrends, such as the rise of LNG, change the insurance market, and impact risk exposures and aggregation?
• How can you exploit detailed data on the technical characteristics of vessels, pipelines and aircraft to better understand your risks?
• How can data be used to better handle the claims process, and improve relationships with your customers?
The event will be structured as separate deep-dive sessions focusing on intelligently combining streams of data on the locations, operators and technical characteristics of insured assets, with threat intelligence on political, security and other loss drivers.
- Session 1: Risks to vessels & cargo: from piracy and armed robbery attack patterns and risk zones, to ownership information, casualty history (from accidents to war losses), and live fleet tracking.
- Session 2: Risks to energy infrastructure: Quantify risks to pipelines, analyse energy supply chains and inter-dependencies between infrastructure to gain insight on risks from production fields to downstream markets.
- Session 3: Risks to aviation & airports: from technical data on arms systems and airplanes to daily intelligence on security conditions and disruptions.
8:15 am – 8:45 am Welcome & Registration
8:45 am – 9:25 am Session 1: Vessels & Cargo
9:40 am – 10:20 am Session 2: Energy Infrastructure
10:35 am – 11:15 am Session 3: Aviation & Airports
To attend this briefing please register. Once you have confirmed your attendance you will receive an email with further details of the time, location and final agenda for this briefing. You will need to bring photographic ID with you on the day to gain access to the Lloyds Building.