Economics & Country Risk Briefing
IHS Markit is presenting the Economics & Country Risk Briefing in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on May 2, 2018.
Can Middle East withstand the global economic and political upheaval?
The rising economic uncertainty, together with escalating geopolitical conflicts in middle east, poses a number of challenges for businesses and investors in the region. Potential external shocks on local industries (global economics and geopolitics) could constitute aggravating factors.
Join our experts and your industry peers on May 2, 2018 as we explore these issues and discuss their potential impacts on business in the region.
Key topics to be be addressed:
- Could Trump administration's protectionist policies lead to global trade war?
- How serious is the threat of inflation, especially in the U.S.?
- How will the Middle East rebound from the oil slump? Will reforms and diversification efforts gain traction?
- As Europe's robust recovery rolls on, what are the short-term risks and long-term impediments?
- Is China's soft landing sustainable? What are the economic implications of Xi Jinping's potential term-limitless reign?
- Update on the Iran nuclear deal and the consequences of an increasingly likely renewal of sanctions
- Iraqi election scenarios and implications for security in the south and Baghdad
- Turkey's involvement in Syria and its future relations with the U.S.
- The U.S. attempt to broker an Israeli-Arab peace