Economics and Country Risk Conference
IHS Economics and Country Risk Conference
Smooth Sailing or Turmoil? Assessing Risks to the Economic Outlook Amidst Increased Political Uncertainty
We will examine the key challenges affecting the global economy in a time of increased political uncertainty at this year's conference.
- How will the upcoming US presidential election affect future economic and foreign policy?
- What challenges lie ahead for Europe in the wake of growing risks and uncertainty?
- Is India the new China? Should it be?
- What opportunities and risks should be expected for Sub-Saharan Africa?
- Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Venezuela are taking different policy paths to address their economic challenges. What will be the destinations for these and other Latin American economies in 2017 as well as the decade ahead?
- How will proxy wars impact the Middle East? Will they perpetuate Islamic State and al-Qaeda?
Don't miss the chance to join IHS renowned economists and some of the world’s brightest and most provocative thought leaders as we explore what these economic and global risk challenges could mean for business and industry.
- Members cocktail reception
- Luncheon discussions with our experts
- Breaks to meet with industry peers
- Nariman Behravesh, Chief Economist, IHS
- Greg Ip, Chief Economics Commentator, The Wall Street Journal
- Nicholas R. Lardy, Anthony M. Solomon Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Rafael Docavo-Malvezzi, Senior Vice President, Global Head of Risk for Political Risk & Trade Credit Insurance, XL Catlin
- David Wessel, Director, Hutchins Center on Fiscal & Monetary Policy, Brookings Institution
- Firas Abi Ali, Senior Manager, MENA, IHS Country Risk
- Farid Abolfathi, Senior Director, Risk Center, IHS
- Rafael Amiel, Director, IHS Economics
- Alexia Ash, Senior Consultant, Industry Consulting, IHS Economics and Country Risk
- Bhushan Bahree, Senior Director, IHS Energy
- Carlos Caicedo, Senior Principal Analyst, IHS Country Risk Analysis and Forecasting
- Thane Gustafson, Senior Director, IHS Energy
- Sara Johnson, CBE, Senior Research Director, Global Economics, IHS Economics
- Todd Lee, Senior Director, IHS Economics
- Alex Melikishvili, Senior Analyst, IHS Country Risk
- Charles Movit, Senior Manager, IHS Economics
- Michael Ryan, Principal Economist, World Industry Service, IHS Economics
- Zbyszko Tabernacki, Senior Vice President, IHS Economics and Country Risk
- Natznet Tesfay, Director, Africa Analysis, IHS Economics and Country Risk
- Elisabeth Waelbroeck-Rocha, Chief International Economist, IHS Economics
*Agenda and speakers subject to change