E&P Content User Group Meeting
Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016
- 8:30 amRegistration
- 9:00 amWelcome Address
Speaker : Martyn Smith, Senior Account Manager, Australia
- 9:05 amTop 10 Issues for Oil Markets in 2016
- The top 10 issues we believe will be the primary focus of oil markets in 2016 will be covered – with their outcomes key to the price path over the course of the year.
- Where possible we will present our current views for how these issues will play out over the year.
- Throughout the year we continue to hold the view set down since the rise of US production – prices will remain volatile and this market restructuring will take time to evolve. The oil market adjustment is not merely about regaining a market balance in the short-term. Many elements of the oil market supply/demand balance are undergoing profound shifts.
Speaker : Ravi Narayanaswamy, Vice President , Downstream Research & Analysis
- 9:45 amFar East E&P: Key Activity Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
This presentation will look at the impact of the low oil price period on the upstream activities in the Far East region. Highlights and analysis of company movements and portfolios; exploration successes/failures; production and key field developments; and growth opportunities will be covered. IHS’ E&P database and scouting reports are driven to provide timely, reliable and in-depth coverage of the E&P industry. Our research teams have continuously worked on “quality” projects and initiatives to provide solid foundational information needed to develop or enhance investment and portfolio strategies.
Speaker: Antonio Dimabuyu, Senior Director, Energy Technical Research , Asia Pacific
- 10:15 amCoffee Break
- 10:30 amIHS International Data Products – Enhancements and Opportunity Identification
Recent enhancements to the IHS International Data products provide users with more insight and greater opportunity identification capacity. These additional features, including the new High Impact Wells subject and Parent Plays attribute, will be demonstrated through analysis of the opportunities presented within Australasian proven basins for 2016/17.
Joe Keith, Principal Technical Researcher
Matthew Quinn, Senior Customer Solutions Advisor
- 11:00 amRealignment of Energy Portfolios
We are witnessing the re-alignment of energy portfolios on an epic scale. The world of energy is divided into “Hunters” and “Prey”. There is a growing number of companies that can only be described as “walking dead” with debt levels close to or even exceeding net worth. Why have M&A activities not yet picked up and why are these companies still producing oil & gas? What is the role of banks? Why are they keeping the highly indebted companies “alive”?
We will examine the drivers of the M&A market, outlook for deal count and deal structure such as corporate deals vs. asset deals.
Speakers: Martin Mittag- Lenkheym, Director, Energy Sales - Asset Valuation
- 11:45 amExpert Clinic - Come and have a chat with the experts
Table 1: Asset Valuation & Economics
Table 2: Upstream Data Opportunities
Table 3: Oil Market Services
- 12:00 pmClosing and Lunch