Overcoming market turmoil in Europe and the Mediterranean bunker fuel market
Challenging market conditions continue for the bunker market.
Russian's invasion of Ukraine and subsequent sanctions have
impacted global supply chains in energy and beyond. Economic and
market volatility are upon us. What does the future hold for the
bunker market and what does 2023 and beyond look like?
This year's challenge for the market is to manage volatility while investing in the shift to low and zero-carbon fuels for the next regulatory milestones. Bunker suppliers must continue to establish footholds in the alternative fuels space and shipping companies must continue to explore options away from conventional bunkers to cut their greenhouse gas emissions. Although the main market to talk about here remains LNG, Methanol is rapidly becoming another stand-out fuel. But these are just near-term solutions, how do longer-term hopes around Ammonia and Hydrogen fare?
At a time when HSFO gains market share and VLSFO prices increase, come together with the world's leading bunker suppliers, refiners, traders, brokers, and ship owners/operators to explore the outlook for the European bunker market by reviewing bunker fuel supply and demand, pricing trends, shipping markets, the supply chain, alternative fuels and future regulatory milestones.
Key topics covered include:
- Examining current market conditions against a backdrop of high uncertainty in the bunker market. Russia/Ukraine impact and possible sanction impact
- Reviewing bunker market trends and pricing in a 0.50% Sulfur world as IMO-2020 impacts emerge
- Addressing the outlook for the supply chain by reviewing the shipping market and providing the latest developments in bunker buying and supplying
- Establishing what fuels have potential in the bunker market specifically LNG and biofuels such as Ammonia, Methanol, hydrogen
- Look ahead to the next wave of regulatory milestones such as IMO 2030/50 and consider its impacts on the Mediterranean bunker market
- Discussing rising credit challenges
Super Early Bird Rate: $1,195
Full Rate: $1,795
Register early and save
Register by Friday, September 30 to save $600.
Duration: 2 days
The venue will be confirmed shortly, so please check back soon for an update.