World Soda Ash Conference 2019
Commercial Impacts of Soda Ash Technologies
Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2019
The IHS Markit Soda Ash workshop is the only workshop offering a broad understanding of soda ash technologies and their commercial impact on the global soda ash industry.
The course will include reviews of technologies, product quality, sources of competitive advantage and discussion of global and regional technological trends and discontinuities that are impacting trade and profitability.
- The main sections of this Workshop are:
- Market Environment – Demand and segmentation, supply, trade
- Process Technologies – Solvay, Hou, trona and other (e.g., alkaline brines)
- Competitiveness – Cash costs, global cost curves, regional competitiveness, energy cost effects, benefits of integration and coproducts
- Techno Commercial Interactions – Impacts on trade, price setting mechanisms
- Cost Curves – Workshop exercise in which participants explore global competitive drivers for soda ash and their shifts over time
- Soda ash in China - intricacies of producing soda ash in this dynamic market, synergies between plants, and the significance of environmental regulation.
Why you should attend:
This full-day workshop will equip you with the foundational knowledge to make the best buying decision. With new capacity coming onstream in Turkey, changes taking place in urea in China, and shipping costs in flux, what is the most cost effective source of soda ash? How will logistics changes affect your costs? What are the implications of changing urea costs, particularly on synthetic production in Europe? What is happening in China and U.S.?
Attend this interactive workshop to build on your knowledge of soda ash, and meet the experts face to face, and meet customers, producers, logistics experts, regulators, industry associations and others.
- Delegates will receive:
- Networking opportunities during: Continental breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon breaks and evening reception
- Course instruction and a color copy of the presentation in a workbook, which includes glossary and appendix
- Certificate of course completion (upon request)
Participants to the workshop are reminded that anti-competitive agreements, practices and behaviours are prohibited under EU laws and that it is the responsibility of each participant to ensure compliance with such anti-competition laws throughout the duration of the workshop