IHS Markit presents the World Petrochemical Conference 2021:Chemical Renaissance: Building Resilience, Agility and Innovation in an Enhanced Global Role
IHS Markit will deliver its renowned petrochemical conference virtually 8-12 March 2021.
Now more than ever, the vital role of chemicals and plastics in everyday life is appreciated - enabling living for individual, households, economies and industries.
A new demand has emerged for chemicals during the COVID-19 pandemic, including renewed demand for single-use plastics bags for food hygiene purposes, PPE for essential medical care and chemical ingredients in sanitizers and medicines.
In some regions this has caused the reversal or slowing of bans and legislation affecting single-use items as hygiene has been prioritized over other concerns. At the same time, efforts to eradicate plastics waste and lead to a more circular plastics economy have been intensified.
In the climate change arena, plastics and petrochemical products enable Energy Transition in the form of new lightweight materials, insulating material, catalysts, batteries and electrical components and other enablers to climate goals, including the manufacture of components for wind farms, and solar panels.
During the 2021 World Petrochemical Conference, IHS Markit experts and other executives will discuss how the chemical industry and its partners are building resilience, fast-tracking innovation and prioritizing agility to meet the needs of a changed and changing world.
WPC 2021 At a Glance:
- 65+ speakers from IHS Markit and across the petrochemical industry
- 70+ expert sessions focused on in-depth industry analysis made available to all attendees on-demand the week prior to the start of the conference
- Connect, Message and Meet with other attendees:
- One-to-one video chat capabilities
- Individualized recommendations for attendee connections based on your profile
- Opportunity to message other attendees, partners and experts directly
- Live Executive Conference panels with top leaders focusing on industry-wide themes
- Live expert panel sessions discussing critical issues emerging in the global market
- Virtual Genius Exchange presentations showcasing key solutions offered by our partners
- 8 Special Programs:
- Latin America Petrochemical Summit
- Financial & Capital Markets – NEW in 2021!
- Technology Seminar
- China Forum
- India & Middle East Forum – NEW in 2021!
- Transportation & Logistics Summit
- Sustainability & the Circular Economy Summit
- Fertilizers, Agribusiness & Ag Chemicals Seminar – EXPANDED in 2021!
Top leaders, expert analysts and more will provide unparalleled insights, detailed data and forecasts to help attendees better position themselves for the industry of the future.
Visit our new website and view the agenda!
View the expert session schedule, see which speakers are confirmed and learn about all of the innovative networking opportunities in which you’ll get to participate by visiting wpc.ihsmarkit.com.