The 5G ecosystem – one network, many challenges
Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Time: 8 am San Francisco / 11 am New York / 4 pm London
Duration: 1 hour including live Q&A
The first wave of commercial 5G deployments has begun. But the road to 5G is long as players across industries continue to push forward in search of the most compelling use cases and, of course, revenue. From network infrastructure, to devices, to the changing broadband landscape, 5G rollouts face a host of challenges. The moving parts are many, competition is intense, and the stakes are high.
This webcast, hosted by IHS Markit 5G experts, will explore 5G challenges from use cases, to operator strategies to devices to media, and provide early insights from our 5G testing in South Korea.
Francis, Bill, Elias, Stephane, Wayne, and Kevin from the IHS Markit and RootMetrics team will walk you through:
- What is 5G?
- New capabilities open new use cases across consumer, commercial and industrial
- eMBB deep dive, operator strategies, and regional trends
- End-to-end service based architecture (SBA) timeframe, issues and missing elements
- 5G device readiness, the competitive modem space, and RF front end
- 5G performance benchmarking through the lens of the consumer
How do you ensure that you meet your customers' 5G expectations? Are you ready for the challenges, and the opportunities, of 5G? Join the conversation.