Get the earliest insight into how global economies are recovering through the third quarter from COVID-19 lockdowns from the world’s leading survey data – based on more than 28,000 interviews – the Purchasing Managers’ Index™ (PMI™)
January's PMI data will provide the first clues as to the health of the global economy at the start of the new year. Recent data have shown economies being supported by resilient manufacturing sector growth, but in many cases—notably in Europe—tighter restrictions because of COVID-19 have led to worries of double-dip recessions, as service sector businesses often continued to struggle. Meanwhile, supply chain shortages have led to sharp increases in prices, raising concerns about resurgent inflation.
- Which countries and sectors are being hardest hit by tighter restrictions for COVID-19, and where are the strongest pockets of growth?
- Has China managed to sustain its strong growth into the new year?
- How has the new presidency affected US companies, especially in terms of their outlooks for 2021?
- Is Europe set for a double-dip recession?
- How has Brexit impacted the UK economy?
- Are there signs of vaccine rollouts boosting sentiment, encouraging investment and hiring?
- Are price pressures building further?
Listen to our 30-minute global PMI webcast to gain a detailed overview of the latest trends, including details on both manufacturing and services conditions in all major developed and emerging markets.