PEPP 2020 Online: 28th Polyethylene-Polypropylene Chain Global Technology & Business Forum
Commercial Impact of Olefins & Polyolefins Technologies P 1 & 2
Pt 1: Tuesday, 1 September 1-4PM (CET) | Online Workshop
Pt 2: Wednesday 2 September 1-4PM (CET) | Online Workshop
This course will examine the commercial impact of olefins and polyolefins technologies on cost competitiveness, market dynamics and trade. New element this year: chemical recycling.
- Introduction and Petrochemical Feedstocks
- Quick petrochemical "trip around the world"
- Feedstocks: Natural gas, Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs), crude oil fractions, especially naphtha, coal and renewables
- Introduction to the Olefins Business
- Includes discussion on ethylene and propylene businesses including process technologies, impact of shale gas, key players, demand drivers and regional strength and weaknesses
- Introduction to Polymers
- Includes discussion on polyethylene (LDPE/LLDPE/HDPE) and polypropylene businesses, including advantages/disadvantages of polyolefin process technologies, demand drivers, key producers and inter-regional trade
- Olefin/Polyolefin Competitiveness
- Includes discussion on cost of production methodologies, definition of terms (variable costs, fixed costs, cash costs) and comparative regional economics
- The economics will be put into context by presentation of global cost curves for both olefins and polyolefins
What Delegates will receive:
- A PDF copy book of the full workshop materials
- Access to IHS Markit experts during the training
- Certificate of course completion on request
Who is it for?
Those new to the polyolefins business, as well as experienced professionals, wishing to expand and update their knowledge and understanding of how the latest “hot topic” issues are driving change along the entire polyolefins value chain — from feedstocks through to the basic olefins and plastics. The workshop is designed to be of interest and value to both technical and commercially oriented participants.