Leveraging NFV to future-proof for network density
Presented by IHS Markit and
5G networks will require dense deployments of New Radio and new network architectures. To leverage spectrum and network resources within a dense network requires the interrelation and co-dependence of network layers and radio technologies. Enter: network function virtualization (NFV), which can take advantage of physical and virtual infrastructure and create a more adaptive and scalable network.
This webinar will look at the network evolution roadmap, the intelligence required at the network edge and how to define functionality, and leveraging NFV not just as a cost model but to create future service through network disagreggation.
Who Should Attend
Operators - fixed and mobile, ISPs, infrastructure vendors, component vendors, test & measurement vendors, telecom financial analysts, and industry press.
Key Topics for Discussion
- The evolution of the RAN/transport in the 5G era
- Orchestration of physical and virtual infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment
- Understanding the variable characteristics of real-time adaptive networks
- Moving intelligence to the edge: what functions needs to be supported?
- Leveraging NFV to create network disaggregation
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A