JOC Container Trade Europe 2019
JOC by IHS Markit presents the Container Trade Europe Conference on September 16-18, 2019 in Hamburg, Germany.
Entering its fifth year in Hamburg, Germany, the 2019 JOC Container Trade Europe Conference will deliver answers for retailers, manufacturers, consumer products firms, energy, agribusiness, and other European users of containerized shipping services by analyzing major trends in intercontinental shipping supply, demand, and capacity, and by exploring and illustrating strategic and innovative opportunities to improve transit times and reliability, and reduce costs, whether through technology/digitization or operational and planning initiatives. Leveraging its editorial team of veteran journalists, the JOC Container Trade Europe Conference is built out of the industry-leading news and analysis appearing on JOC.com and in The Journal of Commerce to deliver the latest data, information, and potential industry solutions to the supply chain challenges and chokepoints that freight interests wrestle with daily.
- Macroeconomic and Container Shipping Outlook: With major economies and demand slowing, how does container shipping supply and demand look as shippers, forwarders and carriers prepare for 2020?
- Technology and Innovation: What advances are solutions providers making on shippers' major pain points, and how are shippers embracing them?
- Low-Sulfur Fuel Mandate: With carriers shifting to more costly, cleaner-burning bunker fuel, what should shippers expect in terms of costs and the bottom line.
- The Fight for Surface Freight: With the EU giving rail a boost and trucking the cold shoulder, what are shippers' best options for moving goods to the hinterland.
- Sector-Specific Roundtables: Deep dives into the specific challenges shippers face in the automotive, retail, refrigerated, and chemicals industries.
- Shipper-Led Case Studies: Examples of how shippers and their logistics, technology, and transportation providers are working together to overcome specific problems and challenges.
For the most updated program, speakers and other information, visit the event website.