COVID-19 and low oil price: What’s ahead for the global LNG market?
Thursday, 9 April 2020
3:00 PM CST (Beijing)/SGT (Singapore)
4:00 PM JST (Tokyo)
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is spreading rapidly across the world. While concerns for weaker than previously expected demand continues to build, another factor is hitting the LNG market hard—the oil price collapse. In this webinar, IHS Markit experts will address the following key questions:
- What are the short-term prospects for LNG demand across Asia and beyond?
- How will lower demand and lower oil price affect different LNG supply sources?
- Where are the potential fuel switching markets under the impact of low LNG prices?
- What are the implications on US associated gas production and Henry Hub price?
- What is the impact of lower oil prices and reduced capex on impending FIDs?
This webinar will also be available on demand. Register today for access.
Featured IHS Markit Experts:
- Michael Stoppard, Chief Strategist, Global Gas, IHS Markit and CERAWeek Vice Chairman
- Jenny Yang, Senior Director, Gas, Power, and Energy Futures, IHS Markit