Global Chlor-Alkali Conference
Welcome to the first IHS Markit Global Chlor-Alkali Conference.
New Opportunities for the Global Chlor-Alkali Industry
IHS Markit, the world leader in market intelligence and expertise, will hold the first IHS Markit Global Chlor-Alkali Conference on September 13, 2017 in Antwerp, Belgium. The conference will be organized in cooperation with Euro Chlor (Brussels), and will take place a day before the Euro Chlor General Assembly.
The pace of change in today’s global chlor-alkali industry is rapid, with energy prices and technology shifts impacting trade balances and operating rates. 2017 will be a pivotal year for the European industry as producers execute their responses to the mercury cell technology phase-out and alter the chlor-alkali landscape on the continent. The chlorine and caustic soda supply/demand balances that are important to the raw material supplies in downstream derivative markets will be impacted by the ongoing winds of change.
This important new event will offer a deep dive into the chlor-alkali and derivatives markets as well as an extensive networking opportunity for members of the chlor-alkali and related industries. Our speakers will address key questions:
- What is the impact of China's drive to reduce carbon emissions and move to clean fuel sources on the chlor-alkali industry?
- How will the separate evolution of coal, natural gas, and oil prices influence regional cash cost positions?
- Will the fragmented European region move towards further consolidation?
- How will caustic trade flows and prices evolve, influenced by energy advantages, demand drivers, and volume limitations?
- What are the major challenges facing caustic soda buyers?
Come and learn about the next steps for the industry in terms of investment, technology, supply, demand, and trade. Delegates will receive a comprehensive, integrated picture of the global chlor-alkali industry available nowhere else.
Who Should Attend?
Producers, buyers, distributors, traders, financial analysts, and technology and equipment providers will find value in this new event.
Registration is open! Register today.
Learn more about why you should attend the Global Chlor-Alkali Conference in this interview between Vincent Ledoux-Pedailles, Principal Analyst at IHS Markit and Frank Reiner, President of the Chlorine Institute: