Exposing the cost tradeoffs of cloud-native NFV
Presented by IHS Markit and
For NFV, the long view of operators is to move as many network functions as possible that currently reside in purpose-built hardware to software that operates in a "cloud" environment on commercial servers. The goals are to enable service agility (also known as service velocity), innovation, and differentiation on the way to automation of customer experience and network operations. The move to the next-gen automated network, however, simultaneously introduces the challenge of management complexity. Operators must keep in mind that long term profit growth cannot be achieved by cost cutting alone, it depends on service revenue growth.
This webinar covers operator plans and deployments, next-gen network service assurance needs, field experiments, cost trade-offs, and lessons learned from leading field trials.
Who Should Attend
Telecom operators (tier 1, 2 & 3) and communications service providers worldwide. IT and network architects, network operations management and C-Suite executives interested in learning more about NFV and next-gen networks. Financial analysts and the media are also encouraged to attend.
Free Report Everyone who registers for this webinar will receive a special report by Technology Fellow Michael Howard. A download link will be sent to you and the report will also be available to download from the live webinar console.
Key Topics for Discussion
- Using microservices as the foundation to service velocity and time to revenue
- Achieving service velocity with differentiated service quality and automated operations
- Examples of field-proven cloud-native VNFs, including virtual routers
- Operator strategies that balance costs of migration to cloud-native NFV vs business outcomes
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A