Economics and Country Risk Briefing Milan 2019
Tuesday, 16 April 2019
- 9:10 AMFrom Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, forecasting political risk in 2019
Dr. John Raines, Head of Political Risk, Economics & Country Risk, IHS Markit
• Will 2019 herald the year of the populist and what are the implications if true?
• The rise in the use of international sanctions
• Is the US facing a constitutional crisis?
• What do we expect for the European Parliamentary elections?
• Ukraine's presidential elections - What now?
• US - China trade war
• Impact of elections in Africa
- 10:15 AMRisks to the global economic outlook: How worried should we be?
Ken Wattret, Chief European Economist, IHS Markit
• Will the global slowdown turn into a hard landing?
• Where are the key risks?
• Is the Fed's rate-hiking cycle over already?
• Could manufacturing weakness tip the eurozone into recession?
• Will core inflation ever pick up, allowing the ECB to normalise policy?
• Brexit and implications?