There is an inexorable shift toward tools that digitize key processes in the container shipping industry, but this shift begs an important question: To what degree do shippers want to manage things themselves in an online setting?
That seemingly simple question opens the door to a series of harder ones, including whether shippers want to procure freight capacity instantly, and whether they want certain functions automated.
Picking up on the success of the JOC's in-person LogTech events in 2018 and 2019, this two-part webcast series will be the ideal place to learn about the latest technology developments in the global logistics industry. Over multiple sessions in two separate webcasts, panelists and keynote speakers will explore subjects you don't hear at any other events, from dynamic pricing and process automation to which software pricing models the logistics industry favors.
The event also will feature a lightning-rounds seminar on emerging technology concepts that are due to impact the industry, including no-code programming, edge computing, and trade compliance automation.
1:00-1:10 p.m. Introduction and Welcome Remarks
1:10-1:25 p.m. Keynote: The Future of Automation in Trade Compliance and Trade Finance
1:25-1:45 p.m. Workflow and Collaboration Tools: A Sea Change in Global Logistics?
1:45-2:05 p.m. The Evolution of Shipment Management Software
2:05-2:25 p.m. LogTech Lightning Round
- Demystifying Data Science
- Eliminating Paper Bills of Lading
2:25-2:30 Closing Remarks
Specific sessions will include:
- Logistics technology through the prism of global trade
- The continuing proliferation of forwarder technology
- Open data models and APIs, oh my!
- Microservices and modularity: what are they and why are they important to logistics?
- The future of workflow and collaboration tools
- The evolution of shipment management software
Event Registrationrequired fields