IHS Markit Countdown to Compliance 2020 Briefing at NorShipping
June marks exactly six months until the global shipping industry must comply with IMO regulation limiting the amount of Sulphur that can be emitted into the atmosphere by ships. While most operators will switch to using fuel with 0.5% Sulphur, some are opting to use scrubbers and others will explore emerging power generation methods including batteries.
Please join us for an interactive briefing that will feature a panel and audience discussion about the following areas:
- Potential bottlenecks with manufacturing and installation of scrubbers
- Issues with access to low Sulphur fuels
- Legal advice if found to be non-compliant by port state control
- LNG as a short-term solution
- Bacterial issues with the use of Bio-fuel
- Training shortfalls for using new systems
- Enforcement networks
- The role of ports in dealing with Sulphur waste and ballast water discharge
- The human element in best practice
- Safety factors to be considered
This event will also be live-streamed for a global audience. Register today to express your interest in attending IHS Markit Countdown to Compliance 2020 Briefing. If selected to attend the live in-person event by our editorial team, you will also receive a hard copy of the IHS Markit Annual Ballast Water and Scrubber Guide. Anyone who registers to watch the live stream of this event will have the option to download a digital copy of the guide.
All attendees of the IHS Markit Countdown to Compliance 2020 Briefing are required to adhere to the IHS Markit Code of Conduct for Conference and Events.