Converged transport networks for a 5G quick-win
Presented by IHS Markit and
5G applications drive new requirements for the transport network, such as ultra-high capacity, low latency, agility, time/synchronization, high availability, and intelligent connection. In order to deliver the true 5G experience, the next-gen transport network must evolve to meet these demands by leveraging virtualized environments and creating network slicing services.
This webinar analyzes new performance capabilities and examines the role of SDN, Network Cloud Engine platform, and segment routing in transforming the transport network, enhancing user experience, and leveraging investment to monetize services.
Who Should Attend
Network operators/service providers (fixed and mobile), backhaul equipment vendors, and systems integrators. Financial analysts and the media are also encouraged to attend.
Key Topics for Discussion
- Performance criteria for the converged transport network
- The evolution of RAN/transport architecture in the 5G era
- The role of SDN, NFV, and segment routing
- Moving intelligence to the edge: what functions need to be supported?
- Need for and role of network slicing in 5G transport
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A