Covid-19 impacts and recovery for Sub-Saharan Africa's (SSA) upstream oil & gas industry
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is having multiple, severe impacts on Sub-Saharan Africa's (SSA) upstream oil & gas industry. Prospects for recovery over the next five years vary across the region.
In this webinar, IHS Markit experts will address the following key questions:
- What reductions to capex are companies making, and which projects will be delayed or cancelled?
- What is the expected impact on exploration activity this year, in particular on drilling?
- Which host countries face the greatest pressures, and what actions have governments taken?
- Where does SSA stand among the priorities of key E&P companies, and what role will national oil companies (NOCs) play?
- What is the potential for future cost reductions to improve project profitability?
- What are the prospects for host countries improving commercial terms to encourage investment?
- What are implications for the realization of regional natural gas hubs and for the energy transition in SSA?
Use the Watch Now button in the banner to access this on-demand webinar.
Cost to Attend: $100 USD
The ON24 specifications can be found here: