ASME NQA-1 Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications
This course provides an overall understanding of the basic principles and applications of ASME Nuclear Quality Assurance. Managers, engineers, and program developers who take this 3-day course gain an enhanced understanding of ASME as an organization, its codes and standards, and the ASME Nuclear Quality Assurance code and standard NQA-1 as it is applied to nuclear facilities.
In addition to covering the NQA-1 Standard, it also provides a brief overview of sections of Section III Rules for Construction of Nuclear Facility Components of the B&PV Code as they apply ASME NQA-1for their quality assurance standard for new construction of nuclear facilities and plant modifications.
This is an intermediate level course for engineers, managers and quality personnel who are, or will be, directly or indirectly involved in manufacturing, fabrication and examination of components or structures for nuclear power facilities. Participants should have at least one year of experience in the design, construction, and operation of, or have a supporting-supplier role for, nuclear power facilities and their components.
Participants will receive a copy of the ASME NQA-1 Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications (QA) codebook and the Participant Workbook.
You Will Learn To:
- Explain the purpose of the NQA-1 Standard and its role in nuclear construction and operation
- Describe the 18 criteria basis of the NQA-1 Standard contained in Part 1
- Describe the organization of the NQA-1 Standard and the major topics (or activities) covered in the Standard
- Explain the differences between Part 1, 2, 3, and 4
Who Should Attend
Design, process, and quality engineers; managers, management program developers, and project managers; licensing and procurement personnel; regulators; and students and university personnel
Title: ASME NQA-1 Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications
Length: 3 days CEUs: 2.30 PDHs: 23.00
London: 17th - 19th February 2020
Standard price: £1,685
Member price: £1,585
Earn Your Professional Learning Points
ASME Learning & Development is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). ASME Learning & Development complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, ASME Learning & Development is authorized to issue the IACET CEU
Other courses presented in London, February 2020:
Boilers and Pressure Vessels
- Non-Destructive Examination - Applying ASME Code Requirements (Section V)
- ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Construction of Pressure Vessels
- ASME BPV Code, Section III, Division 2: Design & Fabrication of Pressure Vessels
- Overview of In-service Codes for Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Pressure Equipment
- Pressure Relief Devices: Design, Sizing, Construction, Inspection and Maintenance
- ASME BPV Code, Section III, Division 1: The Code and Regulation
- ASME NQA-1 Lead Auditor Training (Nuclear)
Fluids and Heat Transfer
- Centrifugal Pumps: Testing, Design, and Analysis
- Design and Selection of Heat Exchangers
Piping and Pipelines
- B31.3 Process Piping Code