ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 2: Design & Fabrication of Pressure Vessels
This introductory course describes the use of alternative rules for the design and fabrication of pressure vessels given in ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 2.
This course offers a deep insight into the benefits of applying these alternative rules. The course presents a brief history and background for these rules and introduces the new Class 1 and Class 2 vessel types by explaining their differences regarding their design and construction. Participants are introduced to the materials, design, fabrication, toughness, examination, inspection, testing and certification requirements with a detailed discussion making these concepts easier to grasp.
The course provides a high-level overview of the Code that prepares participants for the more advanced courses on topics such as design by rule, design by analysis, fatigue analysis, fracture mechanics and fitness-for-service leading to a broader understanding and mastery of these concepts.
You Will Learn To:
- Explain and apply requirements for Class 1 and 2 Division 2 pressure vessels
- Explain theories of failure and design margins applied to the vessel classes
- Describe the general concepts for design by rule and design by analysis rules
- Describe fatigue analysis screening procedures
- Identify acceptable materials and fabrication requirements for Division 2
- Explain nondestructive examination (NDE) requirements
- Describe pressure testing and overpressure protection rules
Participants are required to bring a calculator for class exercises.
Who Should Attend
This is an essential course for individuals involved with design, analysis, fabrication, purchasing, repair, and inspection of pressure vessels, as well as supervisory and regulatory personnel should attend. Although some knowledge of design and fabrication of pressure vessels is desirable, no previous experience is required for attending this course. Both beginners and experienced personnel involved with pressure vessels will benefit from this course.
Title: ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 2: Design & Fabrication of Pressure Vessels
Length: 3 days CEUs: 2.30 PDHs: 23.00
London: 17th - 19th February 2020
Track/Focus: Boilers and Pressure Vessels
Standard price: £1,635
Member price: £1,535
Earn Your Professional Learning Points
ASME Learning & Development is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). ASME Learning & Development complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, ASME Learning & Development is authorized to issue the IACET CEU
Other courses presented in London, February 2020:
Boilers and Pressure Vessels
- Non-Destructive Examination - Applying ASME Code Requirements (Section V)
- ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Construction of Pressure Vessels
- Overview of In-service Codes for Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Pressure Equipment
- Pressure Relief Devices: Design, Sizing, Construction, Inspection and Maintenance
- ASME NQA-1 Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications
- ASME BPV Code, Section III, Division 1: The Code and Regulation
- ASME NQA-1 Lead Auditor Training (Nuclear)
Fluids and Heat Transfer
- Centrifugal Pumps: Testing, Design, and Analysis
- Design and Selection of Heat Exchangers
Piping and Pipelines
- B31.3 Process Piping Code