ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Construction of Pressure Vessels
Based on the rules for pressure vessel construction, this course is a comprehensive introduction to the requirements of Section VIII, Division 1 including background, organization, design, materials, fabrication, inspection, testing and documentation of pressure vessels. It covers the more commonly applied subsections and paragraphs, and includes a practical discussion of individual problems and situations. Designed primarily for beginners, experienced vessel designers, who would like to update their knowledge of the Code, will also benefit from attending.
Special feature includes: how to apply the Code requirements to a real-life example of a vessel and review the lessons learned via case studies.
A calculator is required. It is suggested (but not required) that you bring the latest edition of the ASME codebook, BPVC Section VIII-Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels Division 1.
You Will Learn To:
- Describe the background of the Code
- Explain how to apply the Code rules to more common design and fabrication situations
- Identify the calculations for some of the loadings and situations not addressed by the Code
- Describe the preparation of design specifications, design reports, data reports, and other documentation
Who Should Attend
Those involved with the purchase, design, fabrication, or inspection of pressure vessels. Some technical background will be helpful, but attendees are not required to have an Engineering degree or previous work experience in the subject matter.
Title: ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Construction of Pressure Vessels
Length: 3 days CEUs: 2.30 PDHs: 23.00
London: 17th - 19th February 2020
Track/Focus: Boilers and Pressure Vessels
Standard price: £1,685
Member price: £1,585
Save £670 by enrolling in PD787; a combo course consisting of this course (PD785) and PD786, "Overview of In-service Codes for Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Pressure Equipment."
Earn Your Professional Learning Points
ASME Learning & Development is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). ASME Learning & Development complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, ASME Learning & Development is authorized to issue the IACET CEU
Other courses presented in London, February 2020:
Boilers and Pressure Vessels
- Non-Destructive Examination - Applying ASME Code Requirements (Section V)
- ASME BPV Code, Section III, Division 2: Design & Fabrication of Pressure Vessels
- Overview of In-service Codes for Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Pressure Equipment
- Pressure Relief Devices: Design, Sizing, Construction, Inspection and Maintenance
- ASME NQA-1 Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications
- ASME BPV Code, Section III, Division 1: The Code and Regulation
- ASME NQA-1 Lead Auditor Training (Nuclear)
Fluids and Heat Transfer
- Centrifugal Pumps: Testing, Design, and Analysis
- Design and Selection of Heat Exchangers
Piping and Pipelines
- B31.3 Process Piping Code