ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Combo Course (AMS)
Save £670 by enrolling in this course, a combo course
PD785, ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Construction of Pressure Vessels.
PD786, "Overview of In-service Codes for Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Pressure Equipment."
ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Construction of Pressure Vessels - Day One to Three
Based on the rules for pressure vessel construction, this course is a comprehensive introduction to the requirements of Section VIII, Division 1 including background, organization, design, materials, fabrication, inspection, testing and documentation of pressure vessels. It covers the more commonly applied subsections and paragraphs, and includes a practical discussion of individual problems and situations. Designed primarily for beginners, experienced vessel designers, who would like to update their knowledge of the Code, will also benefit from attending.
Special feature includes: how to apply the Code requirements to a real-life example of a vessel and review the lessons learned via case studies.
A calculator is required. It is suggested (but not required) that you bring the latest edition of the ASME codebook, BPVC Section VIII-Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels Division 1.
You Will Learn To
- Describe the background of the Code
- Explain how to apply the Code rules to more common design and fabrication situations
- Identify the calculations for some of the loadings and situations not addressed by the Code
- Describe the preparation of design specifications, design reports, data reports, and other documentation
Who Should Attend
Those involved with the purchase, design, fabrication, or inspection of pressure vessels. Some technical background will be helpful, but attendees are not required to have an Engineering degree or previous work experience in the subject matter.
Overview of In-service Codes for Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Pressure Equipment - Day Four to Five
This course is a comprehensive introduction to the requirements of various codes and standards, regarding inspection, repairs and alterations of pressure equipment, and in particular, pressure vessels. The requirements of the National Board Inspection Code and the API-510 are covered in detail. A brief introduction to API-579, Fitness-for-Service is presented, and simple flaw evaluation procedures are evaluated. Additionally, the activities of ASME's Post Construction Committee are explained and documents published by this Committee are discussed.
You Will Learn To
- Describe the latest developments in the rapidly advancing field of pressure equipment inspection and repairs
- Identify the post-construction Codes and Standards and the interrelation of various documents
- Explain the responsibilities of the users, manufacturers, repair organizations, regulatory agencies and authorized inspectors
- Explain how to obtain a National Board stamp
- Identify selected, detailed requirements of the API 510
- Identify and provide examples of repairs, alterations and the documentation requirements for each
- Explain Risk-based Inspection principles
- Apply analysis methodologies and acceptance criteria based on API 579/ FFS-1 Fitness for Service
- Provide examples demonstrating the application of selected rules and requirements covering inspection planning and Fitness-for-Service
Who Should Attend
Engineers and technical professionals from users/owners, manufacturers, repair organizations, inspection agencies and other organizations involved with maintenance and repair of pressure equipment. This course is intended for beginners, as well as experienced personnel wishing to update their knowledge.
Title: ASME BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Construction of Pressure Vessels / Overview of In-service Codes for Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Pressure Equipment
Length: 5 days CEUs: 3.8 PDHs: 38.00
London: 20th - 24th April 2020
Track/Focus: Boilers and Pressure Vessels
Standard price: €2,235
Member price: €2,135
Earn Your Professional Learning Points
ASME Learning & Development is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). ASME Learning & Development complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, ASME Learning & Development is authorized to issue the IACET CEU