ASME BPV Code, Section III, Division 1: Rules for Construction of Nuclear Facility Components (AMS)
This course presents a practical yet comprehensive overview of Section III, Division 1, including interfaces with Sections II, V, and IX. While not an in-depth review of design, fabrication, inspection, quality assurance, or other technical requirements, every Subsection in Sec III is covered in sufficient detail to provide an understanding of the Code processes and methodology, including the ASME Accreditation processes. The Course provides valuable and useful information, about the Nuclear Code for nuclear regulators, technical organizations, nuclear generating facility owners, equipment and material organizations, installers, and authorized inspection agencies. The course also provides insights into the regulatory significance and application of Section III and other ASME Codes included in the USNRC's regulation 10CFR 50.55a, the regulatory significance of Code Cases and Code Inquiries, and a discussion on the use of Code alternatives, as permitted by the NRC's regulations. Participants will also learn about the USNRC's 10CFR Part 21 and 10CFR50.55(e) reporting requirements.
Reference material includes background material on the development of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, a summary of the Subsections of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel (B&PV) Code, Section III, the ASME Accreditation process, and the course presentation material.
You Will Learn To:
- Explain why the Code was developed, including its current scope and exclusions
- Explain how the Code is adopted by NRC and its regulatory significance
- Describe the process used by the NRC to accept of Code Cases
- Identify the NRC's 10CFR Part 21 and 10CFR50.55e reporting requirements
- Describe the functions performed by Authorized Inspection Agencies and Authorized Nuclear Inspectors
- Identify quality assurance requirements as they apply to Material Organizations and N-Certificate holders
- Describe the use and significance of ASME Code Stamps and the new ASME Code Stamp
- Explain the responsibilities of various ASME Certificate Holders
- Identify the different Code Data Reports and their required signatories.
- Describe how Section III interfaces with Sections II, V and IX
- Describe the globalization process of the ASME Code
- Identify future trends in nuclear power development
- Identify the qualifications required for professional engineers by Section III Divisions 1, 2, and 3.
- Describe the responsibilities and functions of The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Inspectors and the Nucelar Regulatory Commission
Who Should Attend
Mechanical and mechanical system design engineers, plant systems engineers, and QA and inspection personnel. Experienced and entry-level personnel who desire to gain an understanding of Section III of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and its application.
Title: ASME BPV Code, Section III, Division 1: Rules for Construction of Nuclear Facility Components
Length: 5 days CEUs: 3.8 PDHs: 38.00
London: 20th - 24th April 2020
Standard price: €2,235
Member price: €2,135
Earn Your Professional Learning Points
ASME Learning & Development is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). ASME Learning & Development complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, ASME Learning & Development is authorized to issue the IACET CEU