Methanol: The Journey to a Sustainable Future
The 39th Annual World Methanol Conference (WMC 2021) is an international gathering of industry decision makers addressing key issues impacting the global market.
Join us to hear in-depth market analysis and comprehensive coverage from global industry experts as we explore the innovation and reinvention for a sustainable future in methanol.
WMC 2021 program features a robust line up of both On-Demand and Live Panel discussions from recognized industry thought leaders that will address:
- Is there a growing interest in e/bio/renewable methanol: under what circumstances can it be profitable?
- Methanol as a marine bunker fuel: how does it compare against other fuels such as low-sulfur fuel oil, LNG, ammonia.
- Will India really take positive steps to implement the "methanol economy"?
- How does methanol fit into the evolving picture on road transport fuels: methanol direct blending, ethanol, MTBE/ETBE, biodiesel?
- Why is the growth of methanol demand into MTO slowing down?
- Is more coal-based methanol production likely as we move to a low-carbon world?
WMC 2021 will utilize the combined expertise of industry leaders and IHS Markit experts to:
- Summarize the key themes of the conference and answer questions from attendees.
- Analyze the different factors influencing the rise of renewable/green/bio-methanol and ammonia.
- Address important strategic questions about pricing, product availability and new capacity outlooks, which impacts recent technology, environmental policy changes, supply and demand expectations.
All live panel discussions with audience participation will take place on November 16th, 17th and 18th .
On-demand recordings with downloadable slides will be made available the week of November 8th and will provide essential background reading for optimizing your participation at WMC 2021.
Check back often for new sessions and speakers.