2018 Economics Outlook Briefing
Trade tensions – examining the ripple effects for industries and markets
Join IHS Markit for a briefing that assesses global trade tensions.
Our experts will highlight economic implications as well as commercial impact on industries and markets directly or indirectly affected.
Initially focused on China, U.S. tariffs have extended to imports from the European Union (EU), Canada and Mexico. Industries directly impacted have included consumer goods, plastics manufacturing, steel and aluminum sectors. However, the knock-on effect on other countries and industries is vast and complicated.
IHS Markit experts will demonstrate ripple effects via data, forecasts, scenario analysis and expert insight. This will help businesses and investors mitigate risks and seize opportunities to realize the full potential of their portfolios.
The Economics and Country Risk Briefing will cover:
- Trade tensions, protectionist policies and impact on supply chains around Asia
- Regional implications from shift in multilateral WTO based free-trade to increasing limitations via bilateral agreements and counter-tariff options
- Mega trends in key industries as a result of trade tensions and other risk factors
- Impact of the trade wars on One Belt One Road
- Thawing of relations with North Korea and its impact on the region