Leadership. Wide-range thinking.
Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Lance Uggla is Chairman and CEO of IHS Markit. He served as president from July 2016 to December 2017 and was appointed chief operating officer in October 2017. Prior to the 2016 merger of IHS and Markit that formed IHS Markit, Lance was the chief executive officer of Markit, responsible for leading the company's strategic development and managing day-to-day operations. He founded Markit in 2003 after spotting an opportunity to bring transparency to the credit default swap market. The company launched the first daily credit default swap pricing service that year. He oversaw Markit's growth from a startup to a global public company with more than 4,200 employees in 28 offices worldwide, serving more than 3,000 customers. Lance graduated from the Simon Fraser University in Canada with a BBA and holds a Master of Science from the London School of Economics, UK.
- Executive Vice President-Global Head of Account Management and Regional Head of Asia Pacific
- Executive Vice President, Resources and Transportation
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Executive Vice President-Financial Markets
- Senior Vice President, Communications and Corporate Services
- Senior Vice President, Strategic Alliances
- Executive Vice President-Financial Market Technologies
- Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Vice Chairman