Polk Privacy Statement
Polk is the premier supplier of automotive intelligence. For over 135 years, the public has entrusted Polk with substantial amounts of information about consumers. We work to maintain the public's trust by offering products and services consistent with our commitment to Polk's Privacy Principles.
Polk behaves responsibly and ethically when building and using databases.
- We use consumer information to provide essential information services to business customers in an ethical and responsible manner.
- We collect data from legitimate and responsible data sources only. We expect all data suppliers to honor the DMA Privacy Promise .
- We maintain quality audits to ensure the integrity of the data collected, from receipt through delivery.
Polk restricts information sharing to those companies who have a legal, appropriate, and allowable use for the information.
- The consumer information we collect and provide to our business customers is limited to information necessary for the legitimate business purposes of Polk and its business customers.
- We maintain control over the use of our consumer information through contractual agreements and guidelines established with our customers and vendors.
Polk keeps client and consumer information secure from unauthorized access.
- We maintain physical and electronic security of our facilities and systems to protect data from unauthorized access, use, or dissemination.
- We work only with reputable industry service companies to support our business and require that these companies adhere to our practices concerning the handling and use of consumer data.
- We maintain internal practices to protect the security of information by limiting access to data, systems, and facilities.
Polk works within regulatory requirements to maintain the best information value for our customers.
- We maintain an executive level committee that reviews Polk's collection, use and distribution of consumer information.
- We maintain an awareness of legislative and administrative actions that affect our ability to provide high-quality information to our clients. We work to influence those actions, where appropriate, to deliver value to our clients.
- We advise our customers about data compliance and permissible uses.
Polk includes privacy principles and practices in its standards for employee ethics.
- We expect all Polk employees to share in upholding the public's confidence and trust, and to apply Polk's privacy principles and practices in every aspect of our business.
- We include Polk privacy principles and practices as part of the orientation program for all new employees.
- We conduct regular information sharing meetings and maintain electronic bulletin boards to educate employees on compliance issues.
Polk respects a consumer's expressed desire to be removed from marketing lists.
- Polk respects a consumer's choice not to be contacted for marketing purposes. Consumers who contact Polk by phone or mail or email will be removed from our marketing lists.
- We expend significant effort and expense in maintaining our name suppression system, and make every reasonable effort to comply with consumer requests.
- We subscribe to the Direct Marketing Association's Privacy Preference Services and to suppression services supplied by state governments.
Contact the DMA at:
- The Direct Marketing Association
Attn: Customer Service, Opt Out
1120 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036-6700
Access to and Correction of State-Sourced Information
Polk collects and compiles motor vehicle registration and title information to provide products and services to authorized entities pursuant to 18 U.S.C A. §2721 and similar state laws governing the use of such information. Consumer information from motor vehicle records is used in compliance with the governing laws and regulations and thus not used by Polk or provided to other entities by Polk for direct marketing purposes. To access or correct your motor vehicle registration and/or title information, contact your state's department of motor vehicles or other state agency that processes motor vehicle titles and registration. The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators maintains links to state motor vehicle agency websites, organized by AAMVA regions.