Understanding the 2020 Vehicle Buyer Journey@weight>
As the global automotive industry recovers from the unparalleled COVID-19 disruption, questions remain surrounding consumer expectations, behaviors and optimal retail formats to drive a comeback.
To address this, IHS Markit has conducted a one of a kind,
global consumer survey, unique in that:
- Only consumers who actually bought a vehicle during the shutdown period were surveyed
- First-time buyer insights were captured and investigated
- Corresponding loyalty and conquest behaviors and rationale were analyzed
This survey provides insight into:
- Understanding the customer's omnichannel journey to purchase and pain points
- Understanding how retail formats enabled or hindered the customer journey
- Understanding the customer's reasons for remaining or switching brands
- Understanding the customer's expectations for their next vehicle purchase
Across seven markets - China, US, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and UK - there are interesting differences to consider in prioritizing shorter-term tactical actions and setting longer-term strategies to improve customer engagement.
Download the Executive Summary!
IHS Markit can help you develop and execute the optimal strategy for your retail transformation efforts with deep data assets and an understanding of the omni-channel customer journey.