The chemical industry is fraught with uncertainty. In this environment, leading chemical companies, such as Dow and Dupont, have become more focused on tactical and strategic portfolio management. Tight monitoring of competitor activity is important, but gathering credible intelligence can be a time-consuming and challenging process.
Watch IHS Markit VP of Oil Markets, Midstream, Downstream and Chemical, Lyn Tattum discuss the need for market intelligence today and answers key questions.
- What are the trends in the global chemical industry?
- What are the notable deals in the chemical sector?
- Are there any mergers with a particularly global impact?
- Which are the leading companies in the chemical sector?
- Are there any regions that aren't performing well?
- How can the market keep on top of these trends?
Insight provided in this video is taken from the IHS Markit Competitive Company Analysis. As a customer with this product you can:
- Obtain a critical competitive understanding of a chemical company's fundamentals, including corporate organization, financial situation, strategy, manufacturing profile, production integration and technical edge
- Benchmark your organization against competitors' current and future corporate positions
- Understand competitive market environment and key players
- Identify and mitigate risks that threaten to undermine your corporate competitive position
- Develop strategies to defend and expand competitive positions
The CCA subscription has provided very valuable information for us, and a great basis for a company overview. The service provides a source of information for updating and modifying our internal models, which are adapted to Borealis´ needs. Thus the first year of the subscription has been of great worth, and brought to Borealis some very valuable summaries and an external view. - Borealis Polyolefine GmbH
Download latest IHS Markit Research Update on Dow-DuPont Merger
As Dow and DuPont Continue Merger Integration, Activist Investors Drive Company to Seek Outside Counsel on Proposed Spin-Offs. To download the latest research note on the merger, fill out the short form below.required fields