4K and UHD: So much more than just HD Video
4K and UHD are much misused words that can mean a lot of different things depending on who you ask. They cover a range of new technologies that go beyond conventional HD (high definition) video and are set to transform the global TV and transmitted video industry.
With 4K TV and UHD rapidly expanding this ebook examines the facts and figures behind the rise of 4K and UHD and provides key data and insights into:
- 4K TV Shipment Forecasts by Region - The 50”+ market in Japan is expected to comprise only 21% of shipments in 2020, compared to 32% in Western Europe, 48% in North America and 47% in China
- 4K TV household Forecasts - The number of households with a 4K TV to grow from 28 million in 2015 to 335 million in 2020. However, not all of these households will have a 4K TV content service
- Looking Ahead to 8K TV - For most regions, the forecast dynamic will be “supply push” and not “content pull”. Thus 8K video content will be scarce
This eBook has been updated for 2018, providing new data and insights on the UHD global status, shipment forecasts, and media consumption.
This ebook covers the entire UHD and 4K value chain, explaining the key differences between the two and analyses:
- Human vision and viewing distance
- UHD technologies
- UHD forecasts
- UHD Media consumption worldwide
- UHD global status
Please fill in the form on this page to download this complimentary 4K TV and UHD ebook.